Thursday, February 14, 2013

Album Release Party


This week started off rough. I started the week off sick. That’s never a good start, but on Thursday, Jarvo, a good friend and artist on the label got in to town for some events. I didn't really accomplish much on Friday or Saturday because of the way I felt. Sunday I had to get caught up on some assignments. I wrote out an interview that I have coming up, I updated my cover letter, and I did some more finishing touches to the radio edit of Only 4 2Nite. Yesterday I ran through the company budget, planned for this weekend's album release party, made a soundscape for a video game idea using only an acoustic guitar, wrote a hook to an upcoming single, and started prepping for some upcoming trips out of town. Looking forward to this album release party this weekend, and I will try and have some pictures to post up next week. Oh yeah ladies Happy Valentine’s Day!

This week I didn’t have enough time to research a good underground track to listen to and review. This is partly because the internet seems to be acting up and running extremely slow. Also a message to underground artists if you would like a song reviewed and featured on here please email me the song and let me know that you want it featured on the blog.

The industry song I am reviewing is Suit and Tie by Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z. I like the song overall. I figured I would write about this since it is buzzing this week with the Grammy Awards Performance, the new video, and all of the other buzz. I really didn't like the intro to the song but once it gets started I mess with it. It’s definitely on some grown people stuff. It’s always good to hear music that has a little more meaning behind it than most of the hip-hop out at the moment. It kind of makes me want to rock the suit and tie at the album release party this weekend. It’s definitely an up tempo feel good kind of song that captures a movie scene type of environment when you hear it. Jay-Z adds the perfect element of diversity to it as well. He brings his smooth flow and on point lyrics right where they belong on this song. I love how it slows down to half speed when his verse comes on. I think it’s a good collaboration for both artists and that it's good for the industry in general. I feel like we need more rapper singer collaborations like back in the day. I just think that the tracks have a better feel to them. It conveys soul and meaning when you hear that combination. Other than the intro I like the song, so to Justin and Jay keep doing your thing because you're killing it with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment