Thursday, January 17, 2013

Getting started

What's good blog world? This my first post to my blog. I just want to lay out what I will be covering on here and my credentials. I will cover all genres of music, but have a main focus on hip-hop, rap, and r&b. I will basically cover my week and how hectic it can be in the music industry. I will also write a review of a single or an album from both a mainstream artist, and an underground artist. I will be as critical as I feel about with no holds barred, so if you are an artist reading my review on your music know that is at least my honest opinion. I will try and take requests on who to cover each week. This means if you are an underground artist and want a review on your newest single or album feel free to send me a request. Just know it will be a critique, so if its bad I will let you know. I will also let you know what I think you can do to improve your work.

Let's get to my credentials, because you are probably wondering who is this guy and why does his opinion matter. I will start with the most basic. I am a music fan. I love everything about it. The way it can take from one world to another in an instant is just an amazing feeling. I also think it is a universal language, so I believe that music can be a ground breaking feature in solving major problems.

My second credential is that I am almost finished with Bachelors of Arts in Audio Production. I attend The Art Institute of Tennessee-Nashville and will be graduating at the end of this summer. I maintain a high GPA and have good recommendations from my instructors. I have conducted many large scale projects and have a good understanding of all aspects of the music industry. I also have acquired a great working knowledge of the industry which helps me in other aspects of my music career.

Next up I am a producer. I know this is a very broad term and can be taken as a lot of different positions. I feel that I am actually what a producer should be. I know there are a lot of beat makers in the hip-hop world that consider themselves as producer, but if you just make beats you are not a producer. You have to have the musical skills and knowledge to make a track or album, and see it all the way through. This means you need to be there or involved with the artist during the beginning stages all the way until it is released.

Finally, I have my own record/production company. With the company I do a lot of things on a day to day basis. I am the lead engineer on most sessions, I do almost all of the mixing and mastering, I currently act as a manager for my artists that are with the label, I recruit the talent that I feel has the potential to be successful, I DJ the onstage performances when the opportunity is available, I am an artist on my own label, and I also see all of the artists on the label through the entire process of their music. I also make beats, but that simply doesn't make a producer. Some of the other things that I do, like seeing them through their process of making albums and singles, makes me a producer.

I would love to hear your questions, comments, complaints, and mostly your music. You can email me or hit me up on Facebook, Twitter, Reverbnation, and anywhere else that you can find a profile for me.

Let the music in your head be heard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment