Thursday, January 31, 2013

Keepin the grind goin.


This week has just been one of those weeks where I just got to keep looking forward and pushing this music. It wasn’t nearly as eventful as last week, but I still feel like all I did was work. I had a couple of vocal sessions with artists this week, but it was all album material so I don’t have anything to publish. I did finish mixing and mapping out an instrumental, and I will post a section of it on here. I did get a lot of school work done, including a work tape for the band I am producing in the class that I talked about last week. It was a very interesting session to say the least. They were a little bit nervous because it was their first time working with me, and for the guitar player it was his first time in a big studio. I also did a lot of BS assignments that I hate doing, but I got to pass these classes to graduate in September. One of the assignments I did was to create all of the sounds for a car commercial using just my voice/mouth. I ended up making a few sound effects and just beat boxing over the commercial. It was pretty funny, and I will not be posting that on here. Back to the business side of things, I wasn’t physically there for the final filming day of the music video that we started filming last week, but it did get finished and I will put up a link to that as well. I stayed in contact with the designer that is constructing the Wrightful Productions website, so that will be coming soon. I believe it should be up and running at the beginning of March. Overall it was definitely a more productive week than most weeks last year. I am still going to keep grinding hard every day of this year to ensure that I succeed in this business. That’s my weekly review.

Here is the music video. Start From Scratch  by Beezy BOS! and Skip


Here is the Instrumental I did this week.

For the underground artist that I listened to this week I chose a record label from San Diego, California. I don’t know who the exact artist is because it wasn’t listed on the site that I listened through. The label is Intrigue U Records and the song is called Grown and Sexy. I loved the song from the second it started. It definitely has that West Coast R&B feel. It took me back into 90's, and I loved 90's Hip-Hop and R&B. The only suggestion that I have for the song is to maybe get a rapper to do a verse on it. There was definitely plenty of open room for vocals in the verse. I really liked the overall feel though. The deep melodic vocals compliment that deep bass that drives the track. I also love the simple old school West Coast synth. Plus I love the hook. I think I’m going to lay it down to this track at some point, if you know what I’m saying. That is my underground review for the week.

Next up is the industry track of the week. I know last week I put the industry track first, but I think I am going to start doing it this way from now on. Who knows though, I may decide to switch it all the time. That being said the industry track I listened to a lot this week was Big Boi ft. T.I. and Ludacris In The A. It is a newer single off of Big Boi's newest album Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors. I thought this was a killer collaboration of the best Atlanta has to offer. They are all going to be legends in the game at some point. That’s only if you don’t consider them legends already. I thought the beat went super hard. Only to be completely out done lyrically. I think that each one of these artists just keep getting better with time, and continue snapping on tracks. I look forward to listening to T.I.'s new album Trouble Man, which I just haven’t had the time to go get, and I can’t wait to get the upcoming Ludacris album Ludaversal.

I’m looking forward to another week of adventure in this music circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment